Thursday, December 22, 2016

Baby drop: Lock and Load

   We past another week from this picture and are in the 28th week! It was a week full of surprises on top of being Yule/Christmas week. We had been looking forward to our December appointment for months---another ultrasound, and the start of bi-weekly on visits. The days preceding this appointment were let's just say uncomfortable. I haven't slept more than an hour at a time, having to do yoga during the night to simply be comfortable, and let's not forget about the breathing..I NEED AIR! And then over the course of two days, the baby dropped, my ribs quit aching and the pelvic pressure began...and so did some scary spotting....
   We've been here before, and I've had pre-term labor with one of the girls, this is not a picnic we're setting up for. We called our on immediately and had to come directly into the office....baby is fine, I'm fine despite the unexplained spotting and pelvic pressure. The baby is not under stress. The next day we had our regularly planned appointment with extra emphasis on our ultrasound to include a detailed look at the cervix.

The cysts on our baby's brain we've worried about for 8 weeks have disappeared! My placenta is just as it should be, and my cervix is closed and the length it needs to be....everything looks perfect! The baby is carrying really low however, and the time has come for me to hang up my working shoes and take life slow like the waddling turtle that I have become. The baby has dropped and the head is down....our little one is preparing to meet us!
   Our Wee Baby Ness is quite active with plenty of room for the time being. The baby love she our yoga sessions and I'm convinced we will have quite a time getting the nights and days switched around. I get kicked and punched the entire yoga meditation session....we are going to have the most enlightened baby! I've been reading Tibetan Buddhist passages to the wee one as well in preparation for an easy transitional birthing experience.
   Speaking of that, it's come time for us to center on our birthing plan. I've always done natural childbirth but this time I am open to a little help and that is a big step for me. Next month we have a birthing class and before you know it, it will be show time!........If only it really can go that fast. I've been on light detail for three days now and am already going stir crazy. 24 hour periods are long....I'm going to miss the Firehouse Brewing Company family, the regular customers and that aspect of my life. I truly just need to focus on this last home stretch of this incredible journey we are living.
We hope you enjoy your holidays, whatever you celebrate!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment